Monday, April 18, 2011

Max on Life by Max Lucado

As a fan of Max Lucado’s work, I favor his usual writing style but Max on Life answers questions much in the same manner that he writes. The questions and answers vary from the concrete to the spiritual.
The beginning of the book was mostly a refresher for me but would be excellent for new believers. The book addresses a lot of “why” issues? Why am I here? Why go to church? Why bad things happen? I like that it also addresses real life issues for daily living, like relationships, children (especially the prodigals), work and finances. Although Max is very diplomatic with some responses, there are also times when he plainly draws the line using the Bible as his authority.
My favorite section was the one on the hereafter. It was nice to be reminded of the plan God has for us, of the reality of his angels and the Holy Spirit. Addressing the often asked questions about who goes where, is there a hell, and why God would send any one there, Lucado is matter of fact, again using scripture as his authority.
I really enjoyed the book and would recommend it for anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment